Homework is part of the District’s instructional program and has the overarching goal of increasing student achievement. Homework is assigned to further a student’s educational development and is an application of adaptation of a classroom experience. The Superintendent shall provide guidance to ensure that homework:
1. Is used to reinforce and apply previously covered concepts, principles, and skills;
2. Is not assigned for disciplinary purposes;
3. Serves as a communication link between the school and parents/guardians;
4. Encourages independent thought, self-direction, and self-discipline; and
5. Is of appropriate frequency and length, and does not become excessive, according to the teacher’s best professional judgment.
Students absent for a valid cause may make up missed homework in a reasonable timeframe per policy 7:70, Attendance and Truancy.
CROSS REF: 7:70 Attendance and Truancy
ADOPTED: November 22, 2004
UPDATED: November 19, 2012
August 22, 2022